Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The boyfriend


Joe is my boyfriend and partner in crime in London Town. Strangely enough we first met while I was on another date. I had just moved to London, I was sitting at a restaurant when the restaurant manager approached me and said ‘I don’t usually do this, but can I take you out on a date’. I thought to myself what’s there to lose. I’m new to this country and I need to get out there and start meeting new people. So this guy took me to Mahiki (which is one of the most pretentious club to go in London). I walked in and met this guy, who was already wasted by the time I had met him. He might have been nervous or genuinely did have a boozy work lunch. But for a first date it doesn’t really make a good impression. We then went on bar hopping and I decided we should go and meet up with my friend who just so happened to be at Gem bar in Soho. That way I could meet up with her have a drink and a dance and then make a smooth exit on out of there.

I went outside for some fresh air and a man named Joe walked on into my life we exchanged numbers and have been together ever since. Now I know that sounds really bad getting another date while already being on a date. But when I met Joe I just worked, we didn’t have to try hard to like each other we just automatically clicked. He’s made my life in London so much better and has introduced me to his lovely friends and showed me a side of London that makes me realise why I moved here in the first place. 

I think when you meet a guy and you start dating him for about 6 months and you spend a lot of time together and then you decide to go on holidays it either makes or breaks a relationship. We recently went to Rome together and it turned out to be one of my favourite holidays. Not only was he a great travelling companion but he also knew when to have a break in the day if I was tired (as I can be a little bit of a diva). We have a good balance and he’s my family here in London, because as everyone says here for such a big city it can be a very lonely place if you don’t have good groups of friends of family. We also make an effort to do new fun then once in a while which I think in a relationship is so important, because things can get very dull and boring if you don’t shake things up!





No comments:

Post a Comment