Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Pajama Men

At first I’m not going to lie I was a bit hesitant about going to see this show when my boyfriend had booked us the tickets. But the pajama men (aka Mark Chavez and Shenoah Allen) actually turned out to be one of the most enjoyable comedy acts that I’ve been to. It was shown at the Charing Cross theatre which I loved! The theatre had so much character and warmth, never mind the hum of the trains crossing over every ten mins! We got there early and the small venue was packed by the time the show started (which is always a good sign!).
The stage was set with only two chairs and a guitar, no backing or other props. I think because of the no bullshit approach these two presented on stage they didn’t need a colourful backdrop or props .What these two Americans can do together is beyond me! Without any costume changes they made you believe that they were 50 different characters merely by changing their accents and mannerisms.  Their act was flawlessly matched with a musician who played gloomy yet upbeat tunes to help transform The Pajama men into there characters. All in all I would defiantly recommend going to experience The Pajama Men in London if you get the chance, you’ll have a laugh and you wont regret paying the £15!
Time out London: These well-seasoned masters of the apparent improvised scene are firm Edinburgh favourites, and with latest show In The Middle of No One there surely set to win yet more hardcore fans south of the border.
- Vicky Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment